Sunday, March 6, 2011

final word

Oh, jeez. I've never been a blogger, but hopefully this will go okay :) First, here's Proverbs 16:1-9.

1 To humans belong the plans of the heart,
but from the LORD comes the proper answer of the tongue.

2 All a person’s ways seem pure to them,
but motives are weighed by the LORD.

3 Commit to the LORD whatever you do,
and he will establish your plans.

4 The LORD works out everything to its proper end—
even the wicked for a day of disaster.

5 The LORD detests all the proud of heart.
Be sure of this: They will not go unpunished.

6 Through love and faithfulness sin is atoned for;
through the fear of the LORD evil is avoided.

7 When the LORD takes pleasure in anyone’s way,
he causes their enemies to make peace with them.

8 Better a little with righteousness
than much gain with injustice.

9 In their hearts humans plan their course,
but the LORD establishes their steps.


During this past week, I've had time to reflect on where my life has been heading, where I've come from, and what I've been through [I know, very... deep? haha]. Through this, I've particularly felt that the first, third, and ninth verses acted in my life. Looking back, I don't think my plans had ever been completely followed through to the tee like I originally planned for them to-- some because of my own shortcomings, but some because God had slightly different plans for me. In the end, they always worked out though, which just gives me greater affirmation that He always knows best. As I go through the next two months trying to find an internship for this summer, I can only wait for God to act again to help me get on track to His plans.

God helps so much in ways that I don't even know He does, and to be honest, sometimes I feel weak and powerless thinking about it. But then, I realize that I'm thinking about this the wrong way. This isn't the way God acts. I may plan the initial steps, but He always helps me to fulfill my goals, and if he alters my plan, it's always for the better, because He knows best.

For this to happen, though, I simply need to trust in God and keep my heart and mind pure. Help me stay this way, guys, will ya?

Xtina :)




No comments:

Post a Comment