Friday, March 11, 2011

Complaints

This past week, I've realized that I spend a lot of my time complaining. I grumble on about things from schoolwork to clothes to food to a bug in the room. When moaning on about this, I'm sure I sound like brat who takes everything for granted and thinks the world is out to get me. I'm pretty sure many people are guilty of this, unfortunately. Very little of my time is spent on reflecting on the things that I do have: love from my family, my friends, you, and, of course, God. Why is that?

I am so blessed with all the love I have from people and the opportunities and gifts that are afforded to me, but I fail to recognize that these are all from Him. There needs to be self-reflection for understanding of this to occur-- something to work on.

God is just and merciful and giving, and we should praise the Lord like he deserves for giving us so much. (Another thing to work on.) I don't spend nearly as much time spent on thinking about Him and His plans for me as He does about me, and I'm determined to change this. Please help in reminding me! I'd like to be reminded of the masterpiece God has created, and I want to "Praise the Lord, all the works in his dominion." (Psalm 103:22)

Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment