Wednesday, February 23, 2011

do you see what i see?

eventful day. 
field trip with my students to dwntwn detroit for a "know your black history" scholarship competition where students shared dance/poetry/essays about the hope of detroit lying in the hands of the city's youth who can "make a difference."  after school, with some time to kill before my next appointment, drove aimlessly up, down, and around the very unpopulated streets of detroit. made a pit stop at a newly opened cafe on woodward ave by the DIA and sparked a friendly conversation with the owner about how business was going... bc afterall, this is detroit. 


i'm so thankful for these opportunities to see detroit. but i cant help but wonder if i'm seeing what God is seeing. 


eph 1:18
"i pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his incomparably great power of us who believe."


im making this a prayer for myself... that God would open the eyes of my heart. to see the hope and joy of potential transformation wherever i go and in whatever i'm invested in.  lately, i've been struggling to understand God's specific purpose in my current job and fears of my uncertain future begin to creep in. in the midst of it, im trying to learn to trust in Him daily. that even if i have no idea what is coming ahead 1, 2, 3 years from now... im realizing that God wants me to experience the joy of living day to day, simply following His lead as a child trusts her Father. no questions asked. just follow. and know that His future for me is hopeful and purposeful,even if i can't always see the immediate fruit or results.  know that living in His will will richly satisfy me because as i delight in the Lord, He will give me the desires of my heart. and to know that in whatever God calls me to do, it is by His great power that i am enabled to do all things - a power "far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every title that can be given..." 


can i see the hope and life that God can give to such a city???

The Remains of Detroit

No comments:

Post a Comment